Frequently Asked Questions
- What if my doctor doesn’t believe in MMJ?
The voters of Massachusetts have spoken. Medical marijuana has been legal in the state since 2012. While some doctors may have reservations about marijuana, many patients have found it useful for treating a variety of conditions.
- Synthetic THC (the active compound in marijuana) is much less effective
- Medical marijuana does not have to be smoked to be administered
- There have been thousands of studies about medical marijuana. Read more here.
- Medical cannabis has been found to be a valuable, safe treatment option
Before it was legalized, the only place to obtain marijuana was as a street drug, which meant it could be laced with pesticides or dangerous drugs including fentanyl, never mind any idea of quality control over the marijuana itself. There are doctors in Massachusetts who understand how useful marijuana can be for patients. Use our drop-down menu to find a registered physician who may be able to qualify you. The physician will explain the proper use of marijuana, its side effects, appropriate dosing, and possible interactions with other medications.
- Will the doctor set my dosage?
No. Doctors determine whether medical marijuana is an appropriate treatment for your condition(s), but dosing is up to you, within the bounds of state law.
Cannabis Products and Attributes
- Where does SIRANATURALS get its medical marijuana?
SIRANATURALS cultivates and manufactures all of the cannabis and infused products for sale at the dispensary. We begin with the best cannabis seeds from the top worldwide vendors. From seed to sale, we fully control every plant’s lifecycle.
- What are the differences between Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid strains?
Sativa Cannabis strains have been described as producing an uplifting and energetic state, suitable for daytime use. Sativa strains are often used to stimulate appetite, relieve fatigue, and induce a general sense of well-being.
Indica Cannabis strains are most often described as producing a relaxed state. Varieties of this strain tend to relax the body and induce sleep. Indica strains may be helpful for relaxation and reduction of anxiety and stress.
Hybrid Cannabis strains contain a combination of both Sativa and Indica properties. Hybrid strains blend the best qualities of each strain allowing patients to treat a variety of symptoms.
High CBD Cannabis strains contain a high amount of Cannabidiol (CBD). High CBD strains produce no psychoactive affects and have been shown to have promising results in reducing seizure activity, muscle spasticity, and inflammation.
- How does THC help treat illness or pain? Is More THC “better”?
THC is the chemical compound responsible for most of the of marijuana’s psychological effects. Tests have shown that THC provides mild to moderate pain relief (analgesic effects), and can be used for treatment of a wide variety of conditions. The amount of THC required to have a therapeutic effect varies by patient.
- What is CBD and how does it affect my body?
CBD, unlike THC, does not have psychoactive properties. Studies have shown that CBD appears to have wide-ranging medical benefits, with promising results in reducing seizure activity, muscle spasticity, and inflammation.
- Where can I purchase medical marijuana devices and accessories to administer my dose?
Conveniently, you can get it all from us at SIRANATURALS. Our Cambridge, Somerville and Needham dispensaries currently sell vaporizers, grinders, and rolling papers.
- What’s the deal with edibles? Are they safer? More effective?
The consumption of marijuana-infused foods or edibles produces a much different effect than smoking or vaporizing. Edibles can be slow to produce any noticeable relief because the body must break down and absorb the active ingredients in the GI system before they can enter the bloodstream. This process can take as much as two hours, and the results can last for four to six hours. Edibles have been described as giving more of a “body” high compared to a “head” high, and they can be particularly helpful to relieve pain, muscle spasms, and sleep disorders. Our edible products are for adult use in a responsible manner, much the same way alcohol consumption is restricted to people 21 years old or older. If you have more questions, talk to a SIRANATURALS Patient Advocate for more advice about edibles. A good rule of thumb is to start low and go slow. That way, you’ll avoid any dosing mishaps while you and your body get used to the method.
- What are terpenes and how do they affect treatment?
- Does Sira have a Loyalty Card Program?
To thank you for being part of the Sira Naturals patient community, we’re offering you access to the Sira Patient Rewards Card Program, with over $140 in savings!
Here’s how it works:
Present your Sira Naturals Punch card in Cambridge or Somerville and save on each of your next five visits!
Visit 1 – Save $20 Off $40
Visit 2 – Save $30 Off $60
Visit 3 – Save $40 Off $80
Visit 4 – Save $50 Off $100
Visit 5 – Save up to 25% off with a spin of our prize wheel
Visit our Cambridge or Somerville dispensaries to activate your card today!
Terms: Limit 1 card per customer. Discounts valid in Cambridge and Somerville only. Final order total post-discount must be greater than $0.01. Loyalty discounts can be combined with additional patient specials and discounts, final order total must be equal to or greater than total amount indicated for each loyalty discount. Must show loyalty punch card. Lost cards may be replaced with remaining promotion value only. Sira Naturals reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this promotion at any time. No cash value. Medical Cannabis Program sales only. Expires 12/31/2018.
- I’ve never been to a dispensary before, how does the process work?
Medical Marijuana dispensaries are tightly regulated with a high level of security. If you plan to visit our dispensary, you’ll need your Medical Use of Marijuana card, issued by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and an additional valid form of identification (license/passport). First-time visitors will also need to complete an authorization form to be admitted to the dispensary. A typical buying experience goes like this:
- Cambridge and Somerville: Arrive at 1001 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge or 240 Elm Street in Somerville. The entrances to both dispensaries are located one flight down from street level. An elevator for wheelchair access is available at both locations.
- Needham: We will be serving patients by appointment only. Whether ahead of time or before you head over, you can register for an appointment in two ways:
1) Call (866)-420-SIRA and press option #3 and speak to a Patient Advocate
2) Schedule your appointment online by visiting the Needham location page of our site and clicking through our online scheduling tool
- Ring the bell at the door and show your certification card and valid ID (license/passport) to the camera.
- You will be allowed to enter the security vestibule, and your card and ID will be checked. We’ll check you into our system at this time, and your allotment is also reviewed upon entry to verify how much cannabis you can purchase
at that time.
- If everything is in order, you will be allowed entry into the reception area. First time visitors will fill out a quick informational form.
- Next, enter the sales floor. It’s spacious with lots of bays for an efficient, quick experience. You are welcome to browse our products and discuss your options with our knowledgeable Patient Advocates.
- If you need a personal consultation, our well-informed staff will accommodate you and answer any questions you may have.
- When you are ready to complete your purchase, we will double-check your allotment.
- For easy payment, we accept cash and debit cards.
- Once you have paid and checked out, you will exit the building from a separate door than the one you entered.
- How much medical marijuana am I allowed to purchase?
Under current Massachusetts law, patients can purchase up to 10 ounces over a period of 60 days.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept both cash and debit card payments. We absorb the debit card processing fees. We also have an ATM available in our lobby.
- Do you offer discounts or promotions?
We have the following recurrent discounts in Cambridge and Somerville: Veterans discount of 15% on all products, 10% discount for patients with financial hardship, Patients 65+ years of age receive 10% discount on all products.
Specials, Sales, Event Discount Cards and Patient Discount Programs (excluding Financial Hardship) will not be valid at our Needham location in accordance to Needham town guidelines. However, we offer a Financial Hardship Discount of 20% every day in Needham for patients who qualify.
We will let our patients know in advance when promotions happen, so stay tuned to our website and on social media for product updates and announcements. You can sign-up for our weekly newsletter by visiting the main page of our website and clicking through the sign-up form.
- Do you offer a Veterans’ discount?
We offer a 15% Veterans discount on all products at our Cambridge and Somerville locations. Discount not valid in Needham. To qualify, show your active Military ID or DD-214 form to your patient advocate at checkout.
- Do you offer Financial Hardship assistance?
We offer a 10% discount for patients with a demonstrated financial hardship in Cambridge and Somerville and a 20% discount for patients in Needham. To be enrolled in our program, you’ll need:
- A valid Masshealth Eligibility Letter or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Card
- Proof of verifiable income below 300% of Federal Poverty Level guidelines
- Do you offer any Senior discounts?
SIRANATURALS is excited to offer patients 65+ years of age, a 10% discount on all products every day at our Cambridge and Somerville locations. Discount not valid in Needham.
- Can I use a medical marijuana card from another state to purchase from SIRANATURALS?
No. Under current Massachusetts law, only patients and caregivers who are registered with the Massachusetts Department of Health can visit medical dispensaries within the state.
- Is medical marijuana covered by health insurance?
No. Medical insurance companies do not offer coverage for any medical marijuana products. Because of this, SIRANATURALS has set its prices lower than any other dispensary in Massachusetts. We believe in providing the highest-quality medicine at the lowest possible price.
- Is there a delivery service you work with or could recommend?
Delivery will be coming soon! As soon as we can, we’ll start offering delivery for residents in Cambridge and beyond.
More about SIRANATURALS
- Why the company name change from Sage Naturals to Sira Naturals?
The reason for the change had to do with a trademark dispute over the name “Sage”. While we believe that we would have prevailed if the case had gone to court, it would have taken years and been very expensive to resolve. We made the decision that our energies were better spent focused on creating great products for our patients. Although it may take a little getting used to, the name Sira is a wonderful representation of what we do. Sira means a number of things in different languages, including to desire and to be desired, and one’s lifetime journey. Of course we plan to make it synonymous with the best cannabis on Earth. Grown with love and delivered with integrity. We appreciate your continued support of the work that we do, and we look forward to helping you love Sira just as much as you loved Sage.
- How Do I get a job at SIRANATURALS? Are they any special rules or regulations for being an MMJ worker?
To work at SIRANATURALS, you must be at least 21 years of age and able to pass all background checks mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Health. If you love to work hard, are passionate about helping people, and want to be part of a great team, please send us your resume. Jobs at our dispensary are retail-focused, while our cultivation and production facility has a wider array of employment opportunities.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I get in touch with you?