This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for the websites SiraNaturals.org and DispensingKnowledge.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by these websites. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable and usage information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- Your Access to and Control Over Information
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
(A) Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information and Demographic Information. We may ask you to provide us with certain categories of information, or you may otherwise provide us with information, through the websites such as: (1) personally identifiable information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, and phone number (“Personal Information”); and (2) demographic information, such as information like your gender, your occupation or geographic information (“Demographic Information”). We may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the websites.
Providing us with information about yourself is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide certain information you may not be able to take full advantage of all our websites’ features.
(B) Information We Collect and Store as You Access and Use the Websites
In addition to any Personal Information, Demographic Information, or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the websites (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your personal computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our websites. Privacy law concepts are evolving – it is possible that some Usage Information that we deem not to personally identify you and do not treat as Personal Information will nonetheless be deemed “personally identifiable information” by applicable law.
This Usage Information may include:
- your IP address, UDID or other unique device identifier (“Device Identifier”);
- whether one user has accessed the websites using multiple Devices;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information, plug-ins);
- the URL that referred you to our websites, your website browsing history, and the areas within our websites that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location and characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including time zone and the time of day
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies include, without limitation, the following (and subsequent technology and methods later developed):
- Cookies . A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to visit the websites. A Flash cookie (or locally shared object) is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. HTML5 cookies are similar to Flash cookies but do not require a plug-in. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Also, these tools may not be effective with regard to Flash cookies or HTML5 cookies. For information on disabling Flash cookies go to www.adobe.com. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies on your Device, some parts of our websites may not function properly, and that when you revisit our websites your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Web Beacons . Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “web beacons”, “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our websites’ pages and messages. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the websites, to monitor how users navigate the websites, to count how many e-mails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts . An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the websites, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to our websites, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- ETag, or entity tag . An ETag is a type of identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL. If the resource content at that URL ever changes, a new and different ETag is assigned. Used in this manner ETags are similar to fingerprints, and they can be quickly compared to determine if two versions of a resource are the same or not. ETag tracking may generate unique tracking values even where the consumer blocks HTTP, Flash and/or HTML5 cookies.
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- Targeting-Related . We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on our websites based upon how you interact with our content. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
There may be other Tracking Technologies now and later devised and used by us in connection with the websites.
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or some or all of the websites, such as: (a) manage a database of client information; (b) hosting the websites; (c) designing and/or operating the websites’ features; (d) tracking the websites’ activities and analytics; (e) enabling us to send you information about our services or perform other administrative services; and (f) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. On some of our websites, we may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Device Identifiers and Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers for some of our websites may set and access their own Tracking Technologies on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, potentially including Personal Information, about you. We are not responsible for those third party technologies or activities arising out of them.
Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party Sites on the Websites
The websites may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifier when pages from the websites are served to you. In addition, when you are on the websites you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their services and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
Protecting Personal Information Provided to Us
We make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information that you submit over the websites from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, which may include the use of firewalls and other security measures on our servers. However, we do not warrant or represent that its level of security meets or exceeds any particular standard, and no server or internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. You should take this into account when submitting Personal or confidential Information on any websites, including ours. Similarly, any information that you send us through the websites is not confidential or privileged, and may be subject to applicable disclosure and reporting requirements, as required by law.
Questions or Concerns